Southeastern have announced fare rises for 2015 – although they are in the fourth paragraph of the press release, and blamed on the Chancellor.
Yet again Sevenoaks fares are going up by more than average. The average increase for regulated fares is 2.2%; but the BBC says the Sevenoaks to London Annual Season ticket will rise from £3208 to £3288 – 2.5%.
From 11 January onwards Charing Cross trains will not stop at London Bridge. There’s a new timetable: some Charing Cross trains go to London Bridge and Cannon Street instead, and vice versa for a few.
Sevenoaks Lib Dems are backing local commuter calls to:
- recognise the risks to commuters and other users of the main rail artery through West Kent during the London Bridge rebuilding, and that these are likely to fall disproportionately on Sevenoaks
- express concern at the lack of effective action in advance by the rail companies, and TfL, to manage risks to passenger journeys
- urge rail operators to enhance customer information at stations, on trains and before leaving home
- press the Department for Transport and the rail companies to address these issues urgently, especially the problems with passenger information.
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org