Only the Lib Dems can stop a Tory Hard Brexit in Sevenoaks and Swanley
The Lib Dems would unlock £100 billion for our schools and hospitals by keeping Britain in the single market.
Why, How and What we Campaign on:
Why Liberal Democrat?
For us, Liberal Britain is a country where everybody – absolutely everybody – is:
• Guaranteed a fair chance to lead a happy, fulfilled life;
• Supported to achieve their best, and cared for through hard times;
• Free to be themselves, safe from prejudice and intolerance;
• Ensured an equal, powerful voice in our country and our communities
• Able to contribute at home, at the heart of Europe, and in the wider world.
Liberal Britain is a country where everyone feels they are of equal value, part of a free and fair community. This means communities where everyone has the opportunity to hold down a job, secure their own home, has access to good health care and can send their children to a good local school.
How we will represent you
We understand that it’s our job to represent the whole community, to do the best we can for everyone, and bring people together rather than divide them. That means we seek views and voices from as many people as we can.
Our approach to building solutions will be based on evidence of what works to give everyone the chance to succeed, and of what delivers quality services to all.
We will seek to build sustainable communities where people feel in control of their environment, where good education is there for all, where there is room for all and where health and social care work.
What we will put first
Taming traffic and safer streets, comes top in every residents survey we have done. People want the streets where they live and the schools their children attend to be safe to get to, not dominated by speeding traffic. We will promote 20 mph zones and measures to reduce traffic in residential areas.
Improving the capacity and scope for social care / recuperation in our local hospital to serve local people close to home and to take the heat off acute hospitals.
Delivering additional school places, so that local children don’t have to travel miles and parents can choose schools rather than the other way round.
Spreading the model of buying older people’s social care, used for some in Sevenoaks, so that carers don’t waste time travelling, have more time to spend with clients who know them, and a system in which client groups have some say in who looks after them.
Better public transport information and coordination, both for buses and for rail, so that alternatives to the car work efficiently.
Better management of our streets and pavements with more spent on keeping them safe and well maintained, less on explaining why we can’t. Keeping the air in residential areas, and round schools, safe to breath must also be a priority.
– Investment in Schools to give all our children the skills to succeed
– Investing in, and managing, our Streets so we can get around safely
– Organising public transport, and improving our environment
– Social Care for older and vulnerable people
– Supporting good jobs and a successful economy in Kent
Liberal Democrats know that delivering on all these is essential to make this a great place to live, and to create communities where everybody – absolutely everybody – has:
• a fair chance to lead a happy, fulfilled life;
• support to achieve their best, and care through hard times;
• freedom from prejudice and intolerance;
• an equal, powerful voice in their future
• ability to contribute at home, and in the wider world.
Published and Promoted by Alastair Macpherson on behalf of Alan Bullion and Sevenoaks Lib Dems, all at 44 Well Road, Otford, Sevenoaks, Kent.